Sorry, no pets
Parking: 2+ cars
The Barn at Rigg End has been renovated to a very high standard with spectacular views across the North York Moors. This beautiful holiday cottage sleeps up to six in three spacious bedrooms. It is located in the middle of the North York Moors National Park and ideal for families, couples and friends who love the great outdoors. It is a wonderful house to relax in.
It is an upside down house with the kitchen and living areas on the first floor, giving great moorland views from the living room, balcony and garden. In addition to the large leather sofas, there are lovely window seats to soak up the great scenery and view the abundant wildlife. There is an upstairs WC in the utility room next to the kitchen.
Each of the three large bedrooms (2 are en-suite) are located on the ground floor and there are three bathrooms downstairs too. Each of the bedrooms have their own external door, leading to the garden and outside area.
The Barn is equipped to the highest standards to offer a luxurious stay at this most stunning of locations. If you have any questions about the property please feel free to get in touch, we will always be available to help make your stay special.
FEATURES & FACILITIES
Detached spacious holiday cottage with wonderful moorland views
2 Double bedrooms, 1 Twin bedroom & 3 Bathrooms
Fully equipped kitchen, open plan living & dining room
Furnished terrace balcony & BBQ for Al Fresco dining
Lawned garden & great moorland views
Walk & cycle direct from the door out to North York Moors
Pub/Restaurants within 2 miles
Villages of Lastingham, Hutton-le-Hole & Rosedale Abbey close by
The converted barn is full of character and is decorated in a traditional rustic style perfectly matched to the surrounding area. The property has been designed with our guest’s comfort in mind and therefore high quality furnishings can be found throughout the property.
Kitchen / Dining Area:
- Fully equipped, spacious and open plan kitchen & dining area
- American style fridge/freezer, ice machine, microwave oven, dishwasher, etc.
- Spacious dining area with dining table & dresser
- Storage & utility room with sink, washing machine / tumble dryer & WC
Lounge & Outside Balcony
- Spacious living room with leather sofa’s and small table & chairs
- Recessed window seating providing wonderful views of the countryside
- French doors leading to furnished & elevated outside balcony area
- Lovely furnished balcony & BBQ for ‘al fresco’ dining with great views over the moors
- Broadband / WiFi, Freeview TV in bedrooms, DVD, radio/CD
- 58″ Digital TV with all digital channels, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Bluetooth Bose surround sound system
- Electric log effect fire in living room
- Board games available in lounge
- Stairs to ground floor from kitchen area
Bedrooms & Bathrooms (Ground Floor)
- 3 x Bedrooms and 3 x bathrooms, all on ground floor each with Freeview TV
- 1 x Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom / shower (super king sized double bed base with individual 3ft single mattresses) with TV
- 1 x Double bedroom (super king sized double bed base with individual 3ft single mattresses) with TV
- 1 x Twin bedroom with 3ft single beds with an en-suite bathroom / shower with TV
- Additional main family bathroom with bath & shower over
- All bedrooms have private lockable doors leading to outside and garden area. Take luggage straight to bedroom from your car
- Towels & bed linen all included (additional linen available upon request)
The Outside Area
Garden & Outside Area
- Terrace & steps leading to large lawn area
- Great views across to the moors and woodland below
- ‘Haha’ sunken wall at bottom of the lawn with 3-4ft drop (young children please be aware)
- Expect plenty of wildlife and extensive birdlife all around the garden
- Plenty of parking alongside property – ample private parking for 2+ cars
- Property accessed via keysafe & keycode
Whilst staying in our exclusive accommodation you’ll enjoy your own private garden with stunning views to the North York Moors. This garden and outside area gives you the opportunity to head straight out and enjoy the unrefined beauty of the North York Moors and local Yorkshire countryside. Watch out for the visiting wildlife as we often get deer, foxes, badgers, owls and bats flitting about in the evenings.
We have ample parking for 2+ cars.
Please Note: The Barn at Rigg End may not be suitable for children of all ages. At the end of the lawned garden there is a 3-4 foot ‘ha-ha’ (sunken wall & drop) which is a feature of garden itself. This may not be appropriate for young children playing at the bottom end of the lawn garden.
- Under floor heating throughout via efficient biomass boiler
- Towels, bed linen, iron and ironing board, fuel & power all included
- Closest pubs/restaurants within 2 miles – The Coach House at Rosedale Abbey & The Blacksmith’s Inn at Lastingham
- Shops – closest village store at Rosedale Abbey (2.5 miles), Supermarkets – Lidl & Co-Op at Pickering (6 miles)
- Owners will be happy to provide you with local recommendations and places to visit